[RFI] Solar Panel RFI

bill steffey ny9h at arrl.net
Fri Mar 17 15:01:47 EDT 2017

those optimizers enable the array to work better when there is shade
on some of the panels..( I believe)
usually a few shaded panels can cut output way back from otherwise
illuminated array....

I have 2 SMA 5KW boxes, ( no optimizers) and absolutely no
noise  made ( designed) in Germany.. where solar is
EVERYWHERE....  and SMA dominates the biz

I'd go over to the police dept before they install and make them aware..
and good luck with Solar City  if they olny use solar edge..

bill