[RFI] 160M noise

N2TK, Tony tony.kaz at verizon.net
Thu Mar 30 08:05:46 EDT 2017

Finally time to track down this noise. Got the general direction SW to W.

The noise only appears on 1.817.7, 1.825.4 (peak) and 1.829.4. Looked at the
sub-harmonics and multiple frequencies. It is only on these three
frequencies.

The noise does not vary in frequency and is about 1 KHZ wide at each
frequency.

It comes on at sunset and goes off at dawn. Sounds like some kind of night
light, maybe?

Checking to see if anyone has seen this kind of noise before focused on 160M
that could lead me in the right direction as far as what device to look for.

Figure I can use my Tecsun PL-880 to track it down. Figure my high frequency
direction type devices will be useless for this as it appears only on these
three frequencies.

73,

N2TK, Tony