[RFI] New Noise - 160 Meters

Joe Galicic galicic at comcast.net
Fri Oct 20 16:26:09 EDT 2017

Hi All.

I have found and fixed many noises in the past so I know the drill.  However, I'm looking for help tracking down a new noise on 160 meters. This noise appeared about a  year ago.  It is very random in nature.  It is not connected with weather or time of day.  It will appear for a few hours or a few days.  It has a unique looking signature on the band scope.  It is very wide and moves around the 160 meter band.  Today it is over 200 KHZ wide and its upper limit is at 1960 KHZ.  Sometimes it appears below the 160 meter band and sometimes it's upper limit is low in the 160 meter band.  Very odd ?  This noise is only on 160 meters.

Perhaps VDSL leakage of some sort ?  My neighbor had mentioned he had some work done on his DSL line at about the time this noise started.  I have had no luck dealing with Verizon.

I created a short video here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isy4OK8mzoc

I will need to call in the BIG guns for some help on this one !

Please contact me off list if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Joe

N3HEE