[RFI] Recommendation needed: Whole house surge protection

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Mon Apr 30 09:10:57 EDT 2018

Eric,

Polyphaser & Transtector are two that I've used on our commercial radio sites in past years.  I understand those two have since been merged under one company (Infinite Electronics), but still sell under their original names.

If your local electric utility offer whole house surge guard service, you could find out what brand they're using.

If they offer the service and you're thinking of getting this through them, be aware they might not cover lightning surge protection if you have outdoor antennas connected to the house since they won't cover surge damage coming in through the antenna cables.  They can always claim it came in that way even if it did not.

73, de ed -K0iL