[RFI] OTHR ?

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:42:59 EST 2018

Here in Colorado, the High Noon Net which meets daily at noon MST on 7.240
MHz has been plagued by what we have identified as STANAG 4285 modulation.
Source is unknown, but the east coasters seem to hear it much stronger.  At
times, I am unable to copy much of any net business due to the strength of
the 'signal'.

Dave - WØLEV

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 12:10 PM Tom Lizak <k1tl at cox.net> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>

> This probably is not the place for this but for the past three days, there
> has been some kind of OTHR/pulse on the 75m band.  Seems to be pretty loud
> at times and must shift around the band as it will disappear but only to
> reappear.  I heard it 09Dec almost all morning up to around 17Z...then
> later
> in the afternoon reappeared !
>

> It came back again  this AM and seemed to have been peaking around 3.900MHz
> or so.  The ME stations were hearing it also along with many others in the
> New England area.  Seems to be narrowing in the 75m sector of the band.
>

> Does anyone have any idea what it is and where it may be coming from ?
>

> 73
>
> Tom/K1TL...

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*