[RFI] Connectors for 1/2" tinned copper braid strap?

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon Feb 26 12:29:49 EST 2018

Your local hardware store (Lowe's, etc) will have a good assortment of
different sized eyelets you can use. I curl the braid into a tight
circular conductor and slip it inside the eyelet terminal. I then heat
up the eyelet with a small torch and flood it with solder until the
solder is right at the end of the terminal (kind of like filling the
cup). Below is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Selterm-Marine-Battery-Tinned-Eyelets/dp/B073XR52K4/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1519665794&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=wire+crimp+eyelets&psc=1

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com