[RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jan 8 23:06:48 EST 2018

Hi Greg,

Before you do ANYTHING:

1) Buy and study the new ARRL Book on Grounding and Bonding;
or:
2) Download and study the slides for my tutorial talk on that topic
http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

AND

3) Download and study my tutorial on finding and killing receive noise
http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf  (Written tutorial)
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf (Slides for talk at Visalia)

Do NOT cut power cables short -- if the gear is noisy, you may need to
use the extra length to wind ferrite chokes. Bonding cables SHOULD be
short.

73, Jim K9YC