[RFI] Question about excess cable length & RFI

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Jan 9 07:01:23 EST 2018

It's always nice to neaten things up, but EVERY TIME  I have neatened up
that mass of cables I have ended up with problems with the station in
Breckenridge. http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boat1.htm ,

Jim's tutorial would have been a great help back then.  Of course the
ferite cores weren't available.

Such has not been the case here in Midland.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boat8.htm

Here's a partial list
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/boatanch.htm  Regrettably, I have
no photos of my earlier stations.
I just let the excess hang. Often, I just pull enough out of the
original bundle to reach.  I've not had to resort to chokes in any
leads, except the common mode chokes in feedlines.

If it aint broke, don't fix it!  "IF NEEDED" those chokes work great.

73, Roger (K8RI)