[RFI] 40M QRM/RFI

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Fri Jan 12 17:36:11 EST 2018

Yes most if not all will have a main PCB controller board with a uP or
at least a u-controller and all kinds of discrete and integrated drivers
and relays inside the main control panel box.

That unit is normally hidden downstairs and is central to the entire
security system.  It is powered via a 117 VAC wall wart, etc which you
will need to unplug.  Then inside the control panel (box) there will
usually be a 12 VDC gel-cell for emergency backup. You will need to
unplug the positive lead from that battery to totally deactivate the
alarm system. If connected to a traditional twisted pair telephone
system disconnect that as well.  Just make sure the owner notifies any
monitoring company of what is going to be happening before you do any of
this. You also should double check to see if by doing this you will wipe
any stored settings of the alarm system.....owner would be real ticked
off if the entire house had to be re-programmed. And also take a look at
any remote control panels to see if they have any kind of hold up
batteries etc inside. These are the small panels in the hallway or
kitchen where you enter your code in to arm or disarm the system as you
come and go.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....