[RFI] New Dishwasher

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Jan 27 19:07:53 EST 2018

On 1/27/2018 2:33 PM, nm8rmedic via RFI wrote:
> But ours is an RFI generator. I put several ferrite cores on the AC power cord. Knocked it down, but still mildly present. I can tell when it's running on my SDR.  The trace is quite obvious.
> Sorry to run contrary to the Bosch/European train that we had going here.

Thanks for that input, Scott. Did you just clamp ferrites onto the ac
cable, or did you wind turns through ferrite cores? Clamp-ons without
turns don't do much at HF, they are designed to work at VHF. Here's a
tutorial applications note on that topic.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf

73, Jim K9YC