[RFI] LED lights to avoid

HP pfizenmayer at q.com
Sun Jan 28 20:25:46 EST 2018

Another "data" point on LED bulbs

Yesterday one of the old curly que CFL bulbs started "arcing" at turn on for a few min in garage door opener and door opener would not operate
from car tx and noisy in car AM radio too.

I had a 10 pack box of Feit Electric 100W Daylight from Costco. ART 1090261 . Put a couple in - backed out of garage - door would not shut . Unscrewed the bulb closest to the ant hanging down and door would close with car TX (Bulb on other side still lit ) Incidentally the day I put these two bulbs in - the door closed Ok - I went to store - and came home and door started opening as usual two houses away when I pushed the button - but second day NOPE even with car sitting at garage door. So there MAY be a time issue ??? I put two 60 watt incandescents back in and all is normal. (I see on internet a company selling bulbs that will not kill garage door opener - so this is NOT a new thing .)

FEIT "order nr"
CEOM100/5K/LED/10 (N) (also on bulb)

BULB has ---
256-16-43
15W / 5000K / 12600lm
E330072
120 vac / 60Hz / 140 ma

UL LISTED50G6 1016 non dimmable

I have not made any HF tests - garage door is around 325 mhz or so

Hank K7HP