[RFI] Solar System Electronics

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:32:30 EDT 2018

When we had the house built, solar was presented to us as an option.  The
ROI was roughly 15 to 20 years.  Since we were both pushing the 70 mark at
the time, we would never see the ROI, so we are on grid power.

  I also had grave reservations regarding the bad rap (deserved) that the
whole solar industry has wrt RFI.  Any installer would first have to prove
to me that the installation produced absolutely NO RFI radiated or
conducted emissions from 1 kHz through 10 GHz.  I am not aware of a single
system offered today that could conform to those requirements.  My 'other'
hobby is radio astronomy.

Dave - WØLEV

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 6:25 PM, Dale Johnson <dj2001x at comcast.net> wrote:

>  I myself am not going to install any solar panels.  I’m curious, how many
> years does it take for the solar systems to break even?  I assume where
> solar is popular there is many hours and days of good sunlight and the
> electricity from public utility is sky high.
>
> Dale, K9VUJ

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*
*Just Think*