[RFI] Inverse Square Law and RFI

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Jun 12 03:15:27 EDT 2018

A simple answer- I hope.
All RF follows the inverse square law, BUT RF can be carried on any
electrical conductor.  Power lines, telephone line, and fences, along
with other conductors can act as transmission lines and/or antennas.  A
rusty connection on a fence, or guy wire can become an RF generator
Sometimes a power line may carry a signal quite some distance, and as
Jim said, the power transformer(s) may limit the distance the signal may
travel on the power lone.