[RFI] Free Spectrum Analyzer for SDRPlay radios

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jun 12 17:42:22 EDT 2018

On 6/12/2018 2:20 PM, David Eckhardt wrote:
> The max span I can get is 10 MHz (really 8 MHz).  Is there a way to stitch
> slices together as was done in SDR# for the AirSpy.  Otherwise, its not too
> useful.

I don't know the answer, but I find relatively narrow spectrum analyzers
quite useful when chasing noise. They may not tell me everything, but
the can tell me a lot.

One VERY useful capability of these SDRs as spectrum analyzers is their
MUCH greater resolution bandwidth as compared to most traditional units.
This is crucial when studying things like the occupied bandwidth of a
transmitter. My P3/SVGA can resolve one Hz, and most SDRs can do that
too if the operator knows what he's doing.

73, Jim K9YC