[RFI] Solar Panel RFI Case In Kings Park, N.Y. : Update #3

Dave Cole (NK7Z) dave at nk7z.net
Thu Jun 28 09:36:25 EDT 2018

Between Solar, and Grow Lights, Amateur Radio is becoming useless in
towns.  I visited a friend that lives about 3 miles out of town, his
background noise level is S3, or S4 on 40 at night.  Mine is 20 over 18
hours a day, but was S5 or S6 prior to December 7th, last year.  I have
had about a month of RFI free operating time this year between two
horticultural lighting operations, one was cooperative, the other is
not, the FCC should now be involved with the latter.

I can't imagine what is going to happen to the CA Amateurs over the next
few years if this is not put under control.

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z
https://www.nk7z.net