[RFI] Suggestions for linear 19 volt supply?

Michael Coslo mcoslo at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 21:55:19 EDT 2018

There are switching Power supplies, and there are Switching power supplies. A bad one is not the same as a good one. I have a nice linear Astron, and a Alinco Switcher I use interchangeably, and no practical difference other than size and weight. Caveat, if you are doing really low frequency stuff, don’t use either linear or switcher. Use an actual battery, no 120 hz ripple and no switching artifacts to disturb the atmospheric noise.

Unless you’ve measured and found the switcher you are wanting to replace, and found it noisy, it isn’t worth the effort to work up a 19 VDC supply IMO

-73 de Mike N3LI -