[RFI] ethernet switch with shielded case or low emission spectrum

Chris EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Thu Mar 29 09:59:41 EDT 2018

Hi Jeff,

I've got an ethernet line from a rooftop dish coming into my shack along with the other incoming coax lines, and the router was right there behind my shack desk.  No amount of ferrite at multiple places along the ethernet cable--before the router, after the router, on the power cord, etc.--would make any difference on the noise heard on the radio.  Even shielded cat5 didn't help.  My solution was the run the router away from the shack, just a dozen feet or so into the other room, and then use wifi to get internet to my computer instead of a direct connection.  Ethernet is a horrible thing for RFI!

Good luck.

Chris
KF7P