[RFI] RFI into Battery monitor

NA6MB Mike na6mb.mike at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:41:48 EDT 2018

I don’t have much RFI in my shack and it seems like everything is working pretty well.

The one thing I have left to fix is that my DC power system which has a power supply that charges the backup battery, the battery powers radios and other stuff and has a monitoring system with a high current shunt and a volt meter.

When I transit on 40 and 80 something gets into the battery monitor and it goes crazy, flashes the display, etc. When I stop the transmission it goes back to normal so it’s not damaging the voltmeter.

What I want to do is to bypass or filter or someway get rid of the RFI that’s getting into the current reading shunt and or voltmeter of my battery monitoring system.

If you have you any insight I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Mike
NA6MB

Sent from my iPad