[RFI] RFI experience with Trane HVAC units?

Clay Autery KY5G at montac.com
Fri May 11 12:09:35 EDT 2018

I haven't had ti do the HVAC rwolacement yet, but I reseaeched, bought, and installed a tankless water heater in our home.
Best decision ever.  And we have a high propensity for lime deposits here.
Just like a tanked system, there are periodic maintenance procedures that need ti be done ro keep rhings running well.
Namely, doing a closed circuit flush with a lime removing additive...  I used vinegar.
I used an endoscopic type camera to look at rhe heat exchanger....  looks brand new, no deposits.
I put the recommended valving inline on the install and bought a mid-priced sump pump from Lowes...  The same setup can be used to flush a car cooling system too if you put the right taps and valves in...

Also, a "tank-less hot water system".  Worked great at first, but the system soon limed up which was not covered by warranty.  The system cost three times what a conventional hot water heater would cost.

All this high tech stuff isn't always what it is cracked up to be!