[RFI] Solar Panel Manufacture Schedules Fix For Solar Panel RFI

Randy Standke r55stan at gmail.com
Wed May 16 21:35:23 EDT 2018

To clarify, the http://rsgb.org/main/files/2014/02/QST20Solar20April2020165b25d.pdf article does say that the components are manufactured by SolarEdge.

I talked to the Chief Technical Officer at SolarEdge in Israel, Ilan Yoscovich, about one year ago and he was very familiar with that QST article.

As Mike NA6MB mentions, I have been accused by SolarEdge of creating trouble for them by helping radio amateurs identify RFI caused by their systems.  They have also told me that almost all of the RFI complaints come from San Diego.  I don’t buy it.  This is not the only city with both radio amateurs and SolarEdge brand solar power systems.

Complain to SolarEdge.

Complain to the ARRL.

Complain to the FCC.

Help your fellow hams identify sources of RFI.  FCC rules require the operators of RFI generating equipment to correct it at their expense.  We will lose the HF bands if we don’t speak up.

73,

Randy KQ6RS