[RFI] Solar Panel Manufacture Schedules Fix For Solar Panel RFI

nm8rmedic nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com
Thu May 17 16:17:58 EDT 2018

Tnx for the reference.  That led to a search and it's always interesting to study the NEC.  Some smart folks are behind it.
Aside from damage due to overfill, is the fill limit meant to insure no temp derating is needed?  I wonder if one would have to employ large diameter conduit that would make the act cost prohibitive.
Wrong forum to discuss at length but a question - is NM covered with blown in insulation required to be derated for ampacity?  Off list reply ok.
Tnx

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: dwkanepe at aol.com Date: 5/17/18  2:59 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: nm8rmedic at rocketmail.com, jim at audiosystemsgroup.com, rfi at contesting.com Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Panel Manufacture Schedules Fix For Solar Panel RFI

The NEC does not prohibit type NM from being installed in conduit (as long as conduit fill limits are not exceeded) and, in fact, requires it (or other protective means) in 334.15(B) for certain installation conditions

Don Kane
WB2BEZ