[RFI] When you absolutely positively have to generate 1.5k of QRM

Dave Cole (NK7Z) dave at nk7z.net
Fri May 25 18:26:26 EDT 2018

Hi Dale,

Both enforcement, and "lawyer stuff" must be in place, and both are
equally important.  You can no longer enforce anything without a rule,
or a law in place...

While I completely agree with you regarding the amount of RFI generating
equipment in place, and the lack of border controls to keep it out, We
must have the "lawyer stuff" in place to enforce this...

Forget the CB amps, from our stand point as Amateur Operators, they are
a "nothing burger", they don't affect us in any way, go after the RFI
generating equipment at the border and try and keep it out there.  When
someone is caught, fine the operator, fine the owner, and fine the
importer, all as much as possible, that will get things under control,
and in short order.

But we MUST have laws in place to make it not legal to generate, import,
make available, or use, eequipment that generates harmful RFI-- and as
you said, those rules must be enforced as well.

I have an RFI event in process now, and will be handing it off the ARRL
Lab to vet, and then hopefully, forward to the FCC for enforcement.
This will take place in about two weeks.

We will see if the enforcement is effective in this case, and I will let
you know...

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z