[RFI] RFI from furnace/air conditioning

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Nov 2 20:26:54 EDT 2018

Great diagnosis and great advice, Randy.

Variable speed motor controllers are notorious sources of RF noise.  The
drive to the motor is a modulated rectangular wave, so it's the wiring
carrying that current that's the thing to choke first.

It's also always a good move to call the mfr and tell them to fix it.
Some major mfrs have figured this out and can send you either a mod kit
or a filter.

73, Jim K9YC