[RFI] RFI from LED Snap-In Modules

Jim McCook JimW6YA at cox.net
Sat Nov 17 11:49:57 EST 2018

Dave.... I often wonder if it's unawareness or complete disregard.  In
any case, the FCC seems unconcerned.  In CA the biggest problem is the
Energy Commission that makes the rules, completely unaware of the RFI
problem from switching power supplies.  I have been working with the
person who oversees rulemaking; he was truly unaware of the potential
conflict between CA rules and FCC part 15.  He promises to research the
subject with the possible result of a rule change, but I'm not holding
my breath.  I will keep checking in with him to see if there is any
progress.   Jim, W6YA