[RFI] New Noise - 160 Meters - SOLVED

Joe Galicic galicic at comcast.net
Mon Nov 26 15:36:29 EST 2018

I'm happy to report that I found the source of this terrible noise !

Although it was very random and only bothered me during parts of some contests I finally got tired of it and spent a week to find it.  Little mag loop antenna connected to K3 in my car.  Sniffed it out to two neighbors house.

It was a Feit instant on LED light bulb screwed into an exterior garage door light fixture two doors down from me.  It only made noise when screwed into the left side garage light socket.  It was quite in the right side garage light socket.  It was a combination of bulb, socket and wiring.  It took about ten minutes for the bulb to start making noise. Neighbor has removed the offending bulb.

Just to refresh your memory here is a recent video of this MONSTER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmuEOTJYox4

Joe

N3HEE