[RFI] Solar Edge RFI Update 11/29/18

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Thu Nov 29 14:05:03 EST 2018

All:

Solar Edge installed RFI suppression on my neighbors solar system on
Monday. They installed 5 clamp-on Ferrites on half the Optimizers which
left the rest of the system open to RFI. Needless to say, this did
little to suppress the noise.

The company will not wrap cables around large cores because they say
that doing so would violate the cables bending radius and could lead to
cracks. I spoke to the engineer today and he maintains that using
several clamp-on Ferrites is the equivalent of wrapping the cable around
a core.

So that's where we are. I should find out the next course of action this
week. I'll keep the group posted.

Tony -K2MO