[RFI] Hybrid Car RFI

Riki, K7NJ k7nj at awinets.com
Thu Nov 29 22:57:10 EST 2018

I am considering purchasing a hybrid car, but hesitate because of possible
RFI between my mobile station (HF/VHF/UHF) and the automotive electrical
system and electronics . Concern is in both directions - received noise, and
susceptibility of the car to RFI from my ham equipment. My interest is
general, but I'm especially interested in Toyota hybrid vehicles. If anybody
knows of problems (or lack of problems) with amateur radio installations in
hybrid vehicles, I would appreciate knowing what has been learned.

73, Riki, K7NJ

---