[RFI] HomePlug OK?

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 16:32:23 EDT 2018

I am having a lot of trouble with my Comcast wifi's range.  The tech
recommends going to a Homeplug system to connect my router to my
computers.  The latest version claims gigabit speeds, but I'd settle for
50 Mbps.  I recall that back in the day there was concern that the
frequencies HomePlug was sending across the 110 VAC might interfere with
the HF amateur bands, and that ARRL got the manufacturers to move.  Any
reason not to try one of the later evolutions like AV2

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network