[RFI] Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 30 23:46:50 EDT 2019

On 4/30/2019 4:38 PM, Paul wrote:
> I might call on the RFI audience to share their experience with regular electric motors versus the newer DC motors.  I am drawn to the energy efficiency of the latter but fear the control electronics may be RFI noisy as are our baneful “wall worts”.
>
> So, anyone have an opinion ?

Not an opinion -- they have no place in scientific discussions. :)

It is a FACT that the the electronic controllers for most variable speed
motors are quite noisy, for the same reason that the switch-mode power
supplies in today's wall warts are noisy -- poor design and construction
that fails to prevent radiation and conduction of RF noise. In other
words, best to avoid them.

73, Jim K9YC