[RFI] Considering a solar panel

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Wed Aug 14 22:15:32 EDT 2019

Jim,

Thank you. And thanks to the others who
replied on and off list.

As much as I would like to have a larger
array for the house, that's not for this
QTH and a smaller unit is what I need to
find for my camping needs and I'll be QRP
(most likely barefoot), in the future when
out with the camper so lower wattage is
what's on the griddle. Looking at
Genasun's higher powered controller for
12V lead acid, 140W is the max it can deal
with. While it would be nice to have two
100W panels, I don't think that'll really
matter and 140W is plenty.

As it's known to be quiet, I'll order that
one and now I'll look for the most
efficient and competitive panel that will
suit my camping and home QRP needs.

Thanks for the helpful answers and the
time you all took to reply.

73,

Gary
KA1J
Slowly slogging into the 21st century...