[RFI] Charge controllers

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Aug 15 23:09:27 EDT 2019

On 8/15/2019 3:10 PM, David Eckhardt wrote:
> A linear regulator connected as a current source
> comes to mind.

That's a good way to destroy a battery. Charge regulation matters. That
said, simple hysteresis regulators work, they're just less efficient.

On 8/15/2019 2:25 PM, qrv at kd4e.com wrote:
> Morningstar used to be the Ham-recommended solar controller.

I've never seen documentation for someone with good EMC chops saying
that they are quiet, and I've heard anecdotal comments that they are
not. But I have no direct experience. Also Morningstar has a wide
product range. Some may be quieter than others.

73, Jim K9YC