[RFI] Noise from Solar Panel equipment

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Tue Dec 3 15:50:40 EST 2019

Dick:

It sounds like the installation is fairly close to your antennas so it
shouldn't be hard to track down with an HF portable. The noise is likely
to come on in the morning when the system becomes active and then
disappear at night when it becomes dormant.

If it is your neighbors solar panels, politely ask them for the name of
the installer and system manufacturer. Notify both companies and let
them know when you first noticed the noise; have dates and times ready.
The day you noticed the noise is likely to coincide with the day they
completed the installation.

Be aware that during the day, the solar panels and their related
components will continue to generate noise with the inverter turned off
so the system doesn't have to be online to generate noise. Keep that in
mind if they tell you it hasn't been activated yet.

Good luck.

Tony -K2MO