[RFI] Update: Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 17:04:24 EST 2019

"They did advise that a homeowner has the right to install solar on
their home regardless of potential interference. I advised the agent on
the line about the amateur license being help by the neighbor, and they
again informed me that the homeowner wishing to have solar is still
allowed to install it on their home."

Install, NOT operate.  There is a difference.  Anyone can have crap put
on their land.  Nobody may violate federal regulation.

Anything can have the "potential", which does not preclude installation,
nor the rights to possess.  Regulation, however, prevents operation,
once it does.

Don't let the corporate twit con you.

"The only options I have at this time are removing the solar system and
cancelling your neighbors agreement or reducing his system size. Both of
these options will come at a cost."

Sucks to be 1:  the neighbor, 2: those responsible for meeting emissions
requirements, neither of which are your concern.  The extent of response
to her above words, at most, should be no more than, "Huh...".

Kurt

P.S.  Spell out "Federal Communications Commission" in your letters,
FCC, by itself, has little more affect than AM, FM, or XM...  An acronym
is a thing, the Federal Communications Commission, is a regulatory
agency, with whom they must comply at all times.