[RFI] Update: Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

Leonard Halvorsen lhalvors at pppl.gov
Wed Dec 18 16:22:25 EST 2019

If you have access to a spectrum analyzer, look for spikes in the Civil
Aviation Band. If you find any, report them to the FAA.
They have ZERO tolerance for interference in their spectrum.
Things have changed since I used to fly, but if the VOR or VORTAC
(Navigation) and the Glide Slope Systems are still located
between 108 and 118 Mc and you see a noise spike THERE, you will get action
from the FAA even faster than if there
is interference in the Comm Band - 118 to 136 Mc.
For noise/interference in the military band, 225 to 400 Mc, you need to
contact the NTIA to report it.