[RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update From Tesla: 12/26/19

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Thu Dec 26 18:14:38 EST 2019

All:

I received an update from Tesla's Ashley Holmen today. She once again
said that Tesla and SolarEdge agree that they are not liable for
interference caused by their solar panel systems.

However, she said that she spoke with ARRL engineer Paul Cianciolo and
she is now waiting for his tests to be completed so they can determine
what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

With FCC regulations being what they are, the outcome seems to depend on
how much weight harmful interference carries.

Mentioning liability at every turn is concerning, but I suspect Tesla
will work with the ARRL to find a solution. We shall see.

Tony -K2MO