[RFI] Air Conditioner / Heat Pump recommendations

Bob Turner n2scj-lists at outlook.com
Sat Feb 23 10:08:33 EST 2019

How far away from the antennas?

7 3  Bob
N2SCJ

-----Original Message-----
From: RFI [mailto:rfi-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of David Propper
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2019 9:52 AM
To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com>
Cc: Reflectors - RFI at contesting.com <rfi at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Air Conditioner / Heat Pump recommendations

All,

I also just replaced my complete HVAC system (AC and gas furnace, air handler, etc) this past September. I chose a Trade system with a “non variable speed” motor in the air handler.  No RFI 160-2 meters as far as I can tell.  The HVAC air handler and furnace are located less than 40 feet from the shack.

The variable speed motors and controllers seem to be where the RFI generates from.

FWIW,
Dave, K2DP