[RFI] Common mode choke on 4 Square feedlines without skewing phasing?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jan 23 19:01:14 EST 2019

On 1/23/2019 2:57 PM, Andy KU7T wrote:
> So, I am contemplating putting up 4 turns x 7 #31 2.4 “ cores = 4000 Ohm at 4 Mhz. Maybe I can squeeze 10 cores on there, then I would be above 5000 Ohm.

Did you miss the part when I noted that I no longer recommend that form
of choke because their performance varies widely depending on precisely
how they are wound? I strongly suggest that you take one of my
suggestions from the NEW cookbook. I spent a lot of time looking up
cable alternatives and studying my data so that I could provide you that
detailed advice. If you can wind four turns, you should have enough coax
to trim to add those chokes.

73, Jim K9YC