[RFI] LED Grow Lights

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 27 22:09:50 EDT 2019

My Wife enjoys starting garden plants form seed indoors and, up until a
few days ago, used a 175W metal halide lamp for the purpose. It used and
electronic ballast that, sadly, has bitten the dust. A new ballast is a
bit over half the cost of a much brighter and efficient LED grow light.
But I'm concerned about RFI since it almost certainly uses a switching
supply. Does anyone have any direct knowledge of quiet LED grow lights
in the "1000W" category. (I don't know where that term comes from, but
these tend to be rated at ~165 W power usage.)

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." //??? Attributed to many people; it???s so true that it
doesn???t matter who said it./