[RFI] Power Line Networking Interference

David Eckhardt davearea51a at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:53:15 EDT 2019

I have had two of these devils before the days of wireless routers in a
previous house.  They work for the purpose, but produce lots of RFI, as
reported.  Both went to their graves when, one evening, I found it
necessary to run legal limit on 75-meters to maintain a QSO.  They actually
smoked!  Never bought another.

Dave - WØLEV

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 10:47 PM Tony <dxdx at optonline.net> wrote:

> All:
>
> I recently tracked down power line network RFI emanating from a
> neighbors home. These are Ethernet devices that use the existing A/C
> lines in the house to send and receive data over the internet.
>
> They are known to produce a rapid pulse across the HF bands when idle as
> well as broadband hash when active. Nige, G7CNF produced a video showing
> the type of noise these adapters produce.
>
> See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IW3FVhHR58
>
> Certainly problematic given how popular these devices are.
>
> Tony -K2MO

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*
*Just Think*