[RFI] FCC Complaint Filing

Charles Plunk af4o at twc.com
Mon Nov 25 00:29:46 EST 2019

My latest one I tracked to a pole up the street. Its radiating up and
down the street but fairly sure. I rarely get this lucky but it was
already marked for replacement due to a weak wood pole. Lots of hardware
on it and they told me it would be all new. So waiting on that before I
track further. I have had so many fixed for decades I communicate via
email with the engineer there. There office is only about a half mile
from my QTH.

I nearly always track them myself nowadays since its a small rural
utility. Saves time vs them having to call their supplier who has rfi
services that can take forever and ever and ever and then I lack
confidence they know what they are doing. Last one they tracked off down
in the woods and it turned out it was the pole in my backyard. I tracked
it to the exact hardware after df'ing then using my QST article
ultrasonic dish instead of waiting for them to come back. This time
though I have been unable to hear it with the ultrasonic but df'ed it on
several frequencies/antennas/rigs.