[RFI] tips for finding the source of broadband mixing products

JW jwin95 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 29 22:48:47 EDT 2019

 How are you determining all this - you do realize, in close proximity to
a transmitting rig, much (albeit low-level) RF comes straight out the
power leads and can 'modulate'/be modulated by the power supply
energy that also escapes, including simple rectifier supplies using only
diodes?

We demonstrated this at Heathkit several different ways, including using
a spectrum analyzer to 'sniff' the stray RF coming back out via the radio's
power cable WHICH in turn was modulated and showed 120 Hz sidebands ...

de AA5CT