[RFI] The ARRL Contest Update for April 1, 2020

AA5CT jwin95 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 14:22:25 EDT 2020

One may, if interested, check the OFCOM website link I posted earlier and
note that picture posted is indeed an incandescent bulb.

I still have questions related to how the device produced EMI in the 119 MHz
range as indicated on the spectrum analyzer display as can be seen on the
same page.

There may have been un-intentional contact between elements within the bulb
AS this "old timey" bulb used a string (versus a coiled element) of (presumed)
Tungsten suspended from multiple 'hangers' or supports inside the bulb. Note
the hangers top and bottom share common placement within glass top and
bottom respectively. The bulb in the pix has a 'stamp' on the base of 240V,
assuming AC operation, the peak voltage on a circuit of that nature reaches
approx 340 V pk.

The question of whether a vacuum or an inert gas (as is used nowadays)
filled the bulb envelope also remains unanswered.

de AA5CT Jim

.
.