[RFI] Power Line Noise

Eddie Edwards eddieedwards at centurylink.net
Fri Apr 17 11:24:36 EDT 2020

Scott,

I think this calculator will be a bit more accurate than your 1/6th calculation.
https://www.everythingrf.com/rf-calculators/antenna-near-field-distance-calculator

Also don't forget to use the full size (either dimeter or length) of the entire yagi array as Jim Brown pointed out.  When I do this for typical 20 meter yagi, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I get a far field distance of 9.5 meters or about 31 ft for a typical 20 meter yagi.  It still might be this far away if across the street.

73, de ed -K0iL