[RFI] Solar Panel RFI Update - August 2020

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Mon Aug 17 03:13:14 EDT 2020

All:

I just received word that SolarEdge will be replacing the inverter on
their solar panel instillation that's been causing RFI. The swap is
supposed to take place on Tuesday, the 18th of August.

We know that the noise produced by the inverter and other components is
being radiated by the AC wiring in the house. This video shows RFI
radiating from the AC lines coming off the main panel. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9awWs4mwC4

It's not clear how the new inverter will prevent this from happening
without some kind of internal choke on the AC side.

I'll report back after the work is finished.

Tony -K2MO