[RFI] Covering Solar Panels To Assess RFI

Steve Dyer W1SRD w1srd at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 01:57:03 EDT 2020

If this is a Solar Edge system, are they using "optimizers"? They are DC
to DC, but still create switching noise. I'd look there first.
Unless your neighbor switched to a known quiet inverter it was a wasted
exercise. SMA Sunnyboy or Fronius are known to be quiet central
inverters. I have a Sunnyboy 7.7 with Hanwha Q Cell panels and it is
silent. A panel with no built in electronics is not going to make any noise.
73,
Steve
W1SRD