[RFI] FM Wireless Mic on 144.160MHz

Alex alex at kr1st.com
Fri Aug 28 20:43:05 EDT 2020

Hi there,

A local church has a FM microphone that is transmitting on 144.160MHz,
and I can also hear it 20kHz above and below that frequency. I'm not
sure if 144.160MHz is the principal signal or if it's some mixing
product. Would anyone know what brand/model wireless microphone would
cause this?

It wasn't much of a problem when they only used it on Sunday mornings,
but they have a ton of activities now and they use that microphone a lot
more. Tonight is movie night and the mic is on...

73,
--Alex KR1ST