[RFI] Panel noise, an idea.

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 31 17:52:39 EDT 2020

As I mentioned at least a few times before, the first, perhaps a decade
ago within this forum, I have one panel than I am aware of that produces
"noise".  As to what extent, I do not know.  When connected directly to
an analog voltage meter, the meter dances around like a VU meter.  I
have not done any tests beyond this.  I've made a note to dig out the
panel and check further.  For an example of the output that panel
produces, see the following video.  Imagine solar panels with a "DC"
output comparable to this.  At least one chinese produced unit exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y76tCk9HeDw

Beyond this, however, who has taken random panels (at nearly 200 year
old technology, there should be a wide range of samples to choose from),
and checked their output on a spectrum analyzer from "DC" to a few GHz?
I'm not set up for such a test, but I'm guessing there should be a few
dozen within the forum that can whip this idea out in five to ten
minutes.  Panel-->Analyzer-->Lookee there...

Let us all know the results.

Kurt