[RFI] New HDTV Purchase - What to Avoid?

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:22:36 EST 2020

When I retired to AZ back on 2009, my neighbor's plasma bother me on 40m,
and I too wiped him out on 40m. We are about 200ft from each other. He also
had 3 other LCD TVs that were clean at my qth, and I did not bother those
TVs.

I tried ferrite chokes, TV filters, shielding and grounding, but nothing
helped.

This back and forth QRN went on for almost a year, but shortly later, he
got rid of the plasma TV. I think we were both happy it was gone. It was a
moster 65" model that took up 1/4 of his room.

Ray,
N6VR/W7YA