[RFI] Chokes for RFI...

John Altman wa4aip at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:35:13 EST 2020

Hi group,

Yes, following on Ray’s comment, I too would like more info specifically on defeating “home theatre” RFI.

I recently added a new 200 watt transceiver and I now have audio/tv RFI in my Daughters home theatre system next door.  One thing I see right off is the huge sub woofer has a ~12ft cable run!

There are lots of so-called  “cures” in the market, but before I drop a bundle of money I would appreciate some professional advise for a potential cure!  Jim Brown has in-depth suggestions in his archives, including ferrites and chokes.

Thanks and Happy Holidays...

John
WA4AIP
ARRL Charter Life Member