[RFI] SolarEdge RFI Inverter On/Off Test

r55stan at gmail.com r55stan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 11:24:38 EST 2020

Another inverter brand I found to be absolutely quiet is Fronius (also German made).  That is the brand of inverter I have for the solar power system I have at my house.  Just after I had it installed, I checked every band with a SDR (connected to my station antennas) to see if any signals stopped when I shut it off.  I found nothing.  I know all inverters use switching to do their thing and was curious what frequency my Fronius uses.  Standing near it in the garage with the SDR heard nothing.  Finally, I draped a wire as the SDR antenna over the inverter and found very weak signals at 20 kHz intervals.  Compare that to SolarEdge systems that a portable radio picks up at 700 feet.

Randy KQ6RS